Chichester businesses may be eligible for a Local Restrictions Support Grant for businesses that were closed from 26 December 2020 to 4 January 2021 when the area went into Tier 4.
Details on this grant are as follows:
Local Restrictions Support Grant payment levels and criteria:
The value of these grants has been set by central Government. Chichester businesses that are liable for business rates on their premises are eligible for the following:
For properties with a rateable value £15K or under – £667 every 14 days.
For properties with a rateable value over £15K and less than £51K – £1000 every 14 days.
For properties with a rateable value of £51K and over – £1,500 every 14 days.
Proofs required for application form
- Evidence that claimant is named holder of bank account (Bank Statement) – CDC will contact you if any additional information is required.
- Evidence of company occupying the property as of 4th November (Electric Bill / Gas Bill / Landline Bill / Water Bill)
Timings and process for awarding grants
- Chichester District Council will check applications from Chichester businesses for eligibility
- Chichester District Council revenues team will carry out due diligence checks
- The Council will advise successful applicants of the outcome by way of a remittance advice or by email if the application is not successful
- The Council will process payments to successful applicants as quickly as possible (the aim being within 10 days from the application date)
How to make an application:
All applications must be made online and register under “Grants for Businesses”. No other form of application will be considered.
We are currently awaiting further details on the latest set of local business grants due to the National Lockdown which came into effect on 5 January 2021 and soon as we have this information, we will update further.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Source: Chichester District Council