The new Government grant schemes announced by the Chancellor following the National Lockdown on 5 January are now open for claims on some local authority websites.
This new Government support includes one-off top up grants for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses that are required to close during the current lockdown – these grants are called a Closed Business Lockdown Payment.
One-off top-ups will be granted to closed businesses as follows:
– £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
– £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000-£51,000
– £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
In addition to this grant, businesses required to close can also apply to the Local Restriction Grant (Closed Addendum: 5 January onwards).
If your business is not eligible for the above schemes, they may be eligible for the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) – This fund is intended is to help the following businesses:
- Businesses who were open and trading the day before national restrictions were imposed but are not entitled to the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) scheme as they are not responsible for business rates (e.g. non-essential market traders, bed & breakfast, shared workspaces in the non-essential retail and hospitality sectors).
- Businesses who, while not legally forced to close are nonetheless severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of Covid19 (e.g. businesses which supply the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors, or businesses in the events sector).
You can go to your local council’s website to find out how to apply and what you will need. Links to local Government Grant schemes are as follows :
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions on the above Government grant schemes.